GDT - Devils @ Stars 1/27/23 8:30pm MSGSN

NJDfan1711

I'm at a conference for a couple days and didn't get to catch much of yesterday's game. Looks like it was a good one to miss. Hoping to catch more of tonight's especially since I noticed we have a long break coming up. It's the customary one week off that every team gets (I think?), coupled with the All Star break. 

It'll be really nice to go into the break with a win against a good team. If it doesn't happen, no reason to panic.  

Let's Go Devils.

Edited by NJDfan1711
  • Like 5

This will feel like a SERIOUS bonus win if they pull it off tonight.  This has "scheduling loss" all over it...team is already looking tired and now they're on a road back-to-back, with the two cities involved not exactly being a hop skip and a jump from one another.  If they just don't have it tonight, I get it.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

This will feel like a SERIOUS bonus win if they pull it off tonight.  This has "scheduling loss" all over it...team is already looking tired and now they're on a road back-to-back, with the two cities involved not exactly being a hop skip and a jump from one another.  If they just don't have it tonight, I get it.  

Agree. Last night's game was frustrating because it was winnable without some really basic fvck-ups that just kept happening. I can accept not having their game tonight.

LGD.

1 hour ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Agree. Last night's game was frustrating because it was winnable without some really basic fvck-ups that just kept happening. I can accept not having their game tonight.

LGD.

Where I do give them credit is even though they're clearly wilting some as they head into the ASB, they do give an honest effort just about every night.  They were sloppy and careless as hell as times, but I never got the impression that they weren't trying or decided to pack it in for the night.

I can see tonight being that night.  I'm sure they're exhausted.  This break couldn't possibly come at a better time.

1 minute ago, devlman said:

I’m not even invested in the result. I just want to see them playing well defensively, getting some offensive zone time, and not turning the puck over so damn much with their constantly forcing east-west plays.

Re:  the bolded, sure, I just don't know if tonight is the night to ask for this.  Once they're better rested, I'm with you, I would like to see this team come out and not have to rely on superhuman goaltending and insanely good fortune to get out of the first without facing a big deficit, see their overall game cleaned up, and see more of a resemblance to the team that was so electric earlier this season.  

6 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

This one has the potential to get ugly if they play like they did yesterday.

Big bounce back game. LGD

That’s what I’m worried about.  Dallas can score goals, play a heavy game and have a great goalie.

The Devils need to be good with their sticks, stay out of the penalty box, be quick with their passes and not turnover the puck puck while in transition.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Where I do give them credit is even though they're clearly wilting some as they head into the ASB, they do give an honest effort just about every night.  They were sloppy and careless as hell as times, but I never got the impression that they weren't trying or decided to pack it in for the night.

I can see tonight being that night.  I'm sure they're exhausted.  This break couldn't possibly come at a better time.

Re:  the bolded, sure, I just don't know if tonight is the night to ask for this.  Once they're better rested, I'm with you, I would like to see this team come out and not have to rely on superhuman goaltending and insanely good fortune to get out of the first without facing a big deficit, see their overall game cleaned up, and see more of a resemblance to the team that was so electric earlier this season.  

Well I’d certainly think it’s reasonable to at least expect an improvement from yesterday. Doesn’t have to be perfect but if you’re fatigued you should want to play a simple, smart game.

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

I kinda like em. Give me 90’s vibes. 

I was going to say they're terrible. Reminds me of outer space.  Definitely 90s-ish, but reminds me of some arcade claw game.  Or like tripping on acid and sitting in your apartment with black lights around you.

Edited by NJDfan1711

I kinda dig ‘em myself, but I get the feeling they’re strictly love/hate for most.

• Like 1

they were so bad defensively last night that should be enough to get them fired up to play a much more solid defensive road game which should give the offense a chance to win the game. Gimmie 2 points here.

I'm a thumbs up on the Stars sweaters. Not sure I could handle them every night but....

Edited by titans04
  • Like 1