Lindy Ruff RELIEVED Of duties, Green Temp Coach

Colorado Rockies 1976

I mean, let's be honest - this was almost TOO obvious to happen after this weekend. The season is highly unlikely to be salvageable but you still needed to do this. Let Travis Green run it thru and then find a real coach in the summer. 

• Like 6

I hope we can see some good hockey going forward.  I am curious to see what changes he makes regarding roster and system.  The team needs to finish strong, regain chemistry and confidence.

As an employer I hate firing people and you always hope those you hire are successful and happy.  Despite my opinion about Ruff as a coach, thank you for your tenure and hope he is happy whatever he decides to do in the future.

Let’s Go Devils!!!!

• Like 3

The Devils fired rightfully Lindy but lest we forget they, uh, still need a goalie and help elsewhere. Pressure will now turn to Fitz. The (easy) coach scapegoating card is now out of your hand, sir. 

Edited by nmigliore
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

It’s not even about if Green can magically turn everything around…this just needed to end.  Especially with Lindy having fully lost the team.  That could NOT continue.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)

Some fair questions that need to be asked tomorrow:

”If a coaching change was an option for you, why did you wait this long to do so?”

“Did your obvious friendship with Lindy cloud your judgment about what was best for the team?”

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 5

21 minutes ago, nmigliore said:

The Devils fired rightfully Lindy but lest we forget they, uh, still need a goalie and help elsewhere. Pressure will now turn to Fitz. The (easy) coach scapegoating card is now out of your hand, sir. 

Give us a few more minutes to be happy dude 😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Some fair questions that need to be asked tomorrow:

”If a coaching change was an option for you, why did you wait this long to do so?”

“Did your obvious friendship with Lindy cloud your judgment about what was best for the team?”

“As GM, I always have that option… but I did and do believe in Ruff’s ability to develop a roster.  Obviously the organization had higher expectations this season, but ran into some unfortunate injuries.  Lindy did an admirable job trying to navigate this team through it, but especially on this west coast trip, it became apparent that his messaging and command was no longer what it should be… and the return to NJ home ice was going to be a detriment.”

or something like that.

1 minute ago, aylbert said:

“As GM, I always have that option… but I did and do believe in Ruff’s ability to develop a roster.  Obviously the organization had higher expectations this season, but ran into some unfortunate injuries.  Lindy did an admirable job trying to navigate this team through it, but especially on this west coast trip, it became apparent that his messaging and command was no longer what it should be… and the return to NJ home ice was going to be a detriment.”

or something like that.

Which politicians do you write for?

• Haha 1

Holy sh!t. I'm legitimately stunned.  I can't believe they axed him now of all times.  Sometimes I feel like members of the organization actually read this forum. I mean, look no further than what I actually posted this morning regarding GM's not willing to do the hard things, i.e. fire a coach with 20 games left in the season so that a new coach can take over and get to work with no pressure when it no longer matters.  

Not exactly sure if that's what they're doing in this case because I think we all know Green probably isn't taking over as primary head coach next year, but who knows.  The timing on this is really weird, but at least he did it. That's something. 

Guess we'll see how the fellas respond tomorrow.  

My bet/offer is now modified - if Green takes the Devils 6-0 over the next stretch, I'll get a Stadium Series jersey with Green on the back. 

• Like 3

Was legitimately surprised to see this. Thought for sure they were riding out the season with lindy since he should've been let go much sooner. Sucks for lindy, he seems like a good guy but he lost the room and was far off from keeping this team competitive.

Now we'll have one less thing to overly complain about! Cheers!

• Like 2