Shanahan joins Devils

jkrdevil

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well clearly we're going to trade Gionta, Rolston's going to take his 14 back, and since he's in a contract year, we pick up Bill Guerin from the Islanders to wear number 12 and continue the reunion theme.

Also, John MacLean's coming off the bench to reclaim number 15 from Langenbrunner, who's going to be a healthy scratch.

I'm takin' it back to the old school 'cuz I'm an old fool who's so cool...

Did anyone hear if the Walt Podubny rumors were true?

What is he doing now anyway? Is he just traveling with the team? Surely he knows that about five guys have to get injured for him to play.

He's with the team, but he's being used as an extra forward as well as an extra defenseman. He filled in on the 4th line when Madden was hurt.

He'll only sign if he comes as a package deal with Sylvain Turgeon.

Forget it, then. We don't have that kind of cap room. Dave Maley and Troy Mallette aren't doing anything now, though.

btw i am pretty sure shanahan will make something like 2 million pro-rated because why in the world did bobby holik get 2.5 million? i don't think shanahan would play for less than a million pro-rated. i guess we will have to see, but just look at the money he paid to alexander mogilny in august of 2005, i don't think there were teams beating down his door.

I love Lou.I mean look at the reactions wtf what is shanahan going to do.Well wait a second i mean more than a thread on this forum was about the inactive powerplay of the Devils i mean shanahan have the experience that we need and you can see this move as an opening for other move because i don't think shanahan will get 4 millions like someone said earlier i mean he is going to maximum get something like 2 M and then when he is signer i think you can leave some players sheldon brookbank in a trade.And even their maybe Lou has something else in his mind i mean look at the roster that Lou build its not the best but we are still feared in the league even with this roster.

He's with the team, but he's being used as an extra forward as well as an extra defenseman. He filled in on the 4th line when Madden was hurt.

I know that he's the extra forward, but why don't they just let him play in Lowell? He hasn't played in a while and I can't really see him doing so in the future.

I love Lou.I mean look at the reactions wtf what is shanahan going to do.Well wait a second i mean more than a thread on this forum was about the inactive powerplay of the Devils i mean shanahan have the experience that we need and you can see this move as an opening for other move because i don't think shanahan will get 4 millions like someone said earlier i mean he is going to maximum get something like 2 M and then when he is signer i think you can leave some players sheldon brookbank in a trade.And even their maybe Lou has something else in his mind i mean look at the roster that Lou build its not the best but we are still feared in the league even with this roster.

I think this is just the start of something much bigger. With Sutter's vision finally coming to fruition a full year after he took over the team, we're not playing the BS strategy of throwing Madden and Pandolfo out there for 35 minutes a night and hoping we win 1-0 or 2-1. Those guys are becoming obsolete, and I wouldn't be surprised to see one or both of them go in some move to pick up a D-man. CoughcoughJayBowmeestercough.

I think pandolfo is going somewere this season because like moj8681 said we don't play no more like the other seasons i mean maybe Kaberle is comming in New jersey or maybe even something like Bowmeester but i think Kaberle is a good pick because when shanahan sign with the devils we can leave up pandolfo brookbank and something else anf the leafs will be taking it anyway because they are starving for something right now.Lou is a genius and Sutter can be also consider as a genius i mean he came there and completely changed the team gameplay and making out a good thing even with the roster that we have.

And yet, the only team older than us won the Cup last year.

Age doesn't mean that much, and the experience level cannot be underestimated. We've got guys who have won Cups here and guys who have won them elsewhere. Guys who clearly know what it takes to win, don't have to be told or learn it the hard way.