2015 NHL Off-season Thread

Derlique

I would love Oduya to be a part of this group for a few years in case we eventually make a trade and or a defenseman gets hurts. A good veteran presence cannot be understated.

i would like oduya as a first choice.. i would consider martin after that is not an option

Even though Shero has literally said he's not looking for a vet on D, at least not right away?

Didn't see that hahah, I've been on vaction for a few days and haven't followed TG's tweets and Shero's quotes. But from the speculations I've heard here, I understood he wanted to add a veteran d-man, guess he clarified that in the last few days haha!

Didn't see that hahah, I've been on vaction for a few days and haven't followed TG's tweets and Shero's quotes. But from the speculations I've heard here, I understood he wanted to add a veteran d-man, guess he clarified that in the last few days haha!

you don't check here or everything Devils every minute of every day?!?!

Priorities!

Hard to believe Saad is on the Jackets which spells bad news for the division. But this is what you get when players coming off rookie deals ask for the moon. Hamilton did it with Boston and Saad did it with the Hawks. Interesting return in Arty and Dano the main pieces. It sucks that successful franchise can't keep rosters intact. Especially young players who haven't even scratched the surface. I can't stand it. What's Kreider gonna want next summer? That goes for any good player who boosts their value. They are getting paid top dollar without even earning it. I hate to think where this league is headed. It's sickening.

Who would have thought that Oduya would have won 3 cups since being traded from New Jersey?  Things worked out for him in a big way, and he was a pretty big part of those cups too.  I'd take him for a year or 2, but I don't think that will lure him back.  He could really get paid.  

Hard to believe Saad is on the Jackets which spells bad news for the division. But this is what you get when players coming off rookie deals ask for the moon. Hamilton did it with Boston and Saad did it with the Hawks. Interesting return in Arty and Dano the main pieces. It sucks that successful franchise can't keep rosters intact. Especially young players who haven't even scratched the surface. I can't stand it. What's Kreider gonna want next summer? That goes for any good player who boosts their value. They are getting paid top dollar without even earning it. I hate to think where this league is headed. It's sickening.

It's headed straight to another lockout, the new NHL tradition.

Who would have thought that Oduya would have won 3 cups since being traded from New Jersey?  Things worked out for him in a big way, and he was a pretty big part of those cups too.  I'd take him for a year or 2, but I don't think that will lure him back.  He could really get paid.  

Two Cups. But still two more than one might've guessed. 

There is going to be another lockout regardless of what happens in free agency.

All sports are going to a lock except maybe baseball because the owners know that the fans will come back and if they can get back a bigger percentage of the pie without losing the fans while hurting the players to do so why wouldn't they.

Oh Kessell thank God. We didn't want him, now we can prove why 4 or 5 times a year

i work with all flyers fans and they're all saying the same thing, but i couldn't disagree more.

Kessel is a fantastic player.  he's gonna put up massive numbers.  The argument should never be "he's not good, we can prove why we don't want him..." the only argument is that he would've cost too much. 

Theres a reason Patty Kane said he was the best player he's ever played with

Apparently Pittsburgh getting a 2nd rounder back from Toronto for Spaling.Thats a great deal for Pittsburgh because their 1st they gave to Toronto will only be 10-15 picks away away from the 2nd rounder they are getting from Toronto.

Edited by Zubie#8

Oh Kessell thank God. We didn't want him, now we can prove why 4 or 5 times a year

He's going to absolutely rip it up in our division. Anyone who doesn't think so is reading too much Toronto media. 35-45 goals, easy.

The only thing in question is, how good will Pittsburgh, THE TEAM, be?

Edited by DJ Eco

I was talking to my brother last night at the store by my house about how Kessel has a good chance to score 50 next to Crosby. Some ranger fan was walking by and scoffed, then told me "Cmon man, Crosby sucks and Kessel is wayyyy overhyped. Maybe he gets 30." It just always seems like the rags fans are the ones who think Crosby is awful. The same Crosby that got Chris Kunitz to 40 goals.