Devils to play games in Europe next season

Daniel

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

Not really superstitious, but these European games have been kind of a kiss of death for teams that play in them if I recall.

I love how these things get started.  I had no idea what teams' records were, but I did know that Ottawa complained about it this season - 4 Stanley Cup winners in a row played in Europe at the beginning of the NHL season - the 09 Penguins, 10 Blackhawks, 11 Bruins, and 12 Kings.

• Like 1

Full tweet from LeBrun below but it's 1 exhibition game at the end of camp in Switzerland for us and then one regular season game to open the season (tbd whether it's a home game for us or EDM) in Sweden. 

Pierre LeBrun‏Verified account @PierreVLeBrun 

News from Board of Governors meeting today: confirmed teams for Europe next season: Edmonton-NJ play regular season game in Sweden at start of season.

Oilers will play an exhibition game at the end of camp in Germany (Draisaitl) while Devils will play one in Switzerland (Hischier).

6 hours ago, thecoffeecake said:

Fuuuuuck, I'll be in Europe just in time to not catch this. I've always wanted to go Sweden. Even if my trip overlapped, I'd have a difficult time convincing my girlfriend to divert her first Europe trip for sports. I'm lucky I can get her to Newark once a year. 

Yeah I’m pretty sure that wasn’t part of the European vacation she had in her head.