GDT: DevIls vs. Flyers, 1/12/19, 1:00pm

mfitz804

Nice game for Blackwood. 

I mentioned on twitter but this is vital:

the new thing that happened today was the stupid “hey baby...ooh...ahh” song was sung unprompted by the crowd maybe 4 times and repeated as nauseum. 

This must be killed immediately. 

Do NOT make this a thing. 

If they play it on the PA, fine. Once a game I suppose I can tolerate. More than that and not stopping - you cannot do it. 

More annoying than the vavuzelas from years ago. 

If you did this or know someone who did. Stop it. Now. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, sundstrom said:

Nice game for Blackwood. 

I mentioned on twitter but this is vital:

the new thing that happened today was the stupid “hey baby...ooh...ahh” song was sung unprompted by the crowd maybe 4 times and repeated as nauseum. 

This must be killed immediately. 

Do NOT make this a thing. 

If they play it on the PA, fine. Once a game I suppose I can tolerate. More than that and not stopping - you cannot do it. 

More annoying than the vavuzelas from years ago. 

If you did this or know someone who did. Stop it. Now. 

I didn't do it but I'd rather have the crowd be loud and having fun than sitting around treating the game like it's a funeral.

Just don't understand why this stuff bothers people. Someone else complained about the fans singing during a previous game too. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

I didn't do it but I'd rather have the crowd be loud and having fun than sitting around treating the game like it's a funeral.

Just don't understand why this stuff bothers people. Someone else complained about the fans singing during a previous game too. 

I agree with you but the angry old men on lawn type reactions are WHY the suits want a more septic atmosphere :P

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

There's kind of a very wide range of things that can be done between "being loud doing something very annoying" and "treating a game like it's a funeral" 

It's also very possible to be loud and having fun without being annoying lol

So not sure why you're seeing it in such a black and white way 

4 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

I agree. If you want to object to people cursing and talking about who swallows what, that’s one thing. But outside of that, anything the crowd is doing that shows they’re present, involved and supporting the team is fine by me. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

There's kind of a very wide range of things that can be done between "being loud doing something very annoying" and "treating a game like it's a funeral" 

It's also very possible to be loud and having fun without being annoying lol

So not sure why you're seeing it in such a black and white way 

I didn't mean for anyone to take that comparison so literally.

I've had fun when the crowds even do sound like they are a funeral lol I just think the crowd singing along to some songs is fun. The crowds have been pretty great this year and it's a nice change from some seasons in the past. 

Like others said too I'd much have the crowd do this stuff than chant that long run on sentence Rangers suck, flyers swallow, Crosby watches and I even heard people add on today Nico's better.

Edited by Satans Hockey

2 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Watching the game now, that Nico goal was sick. Comes out of the box, steals the puck, then the silky smooth finish. I love this kid. 

when we have terrible terrible games... i'm looking at Nico telling myself that this is exactly how we landed him... it helps a little lol

11 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Has anyone else randomly been blocked by Kinkaid? 

I made a joke to some guy on twitter who was complaining about being blocked by Keith that it's just his thing, he blocks pucks and Twitter accounts. 

But at the same time I realised I hadn't seen one of his post game tweets like the one above in months, I thought he had just stopped doing them with the bad spell the team has been having. 

So I go to his account and he has blocked me!!! 

I was a bit taken aback as I have never tweeted him or about him, the only thing I can think of was I posted a tweet on Hugh Webber's feed about a month ago for his Devs President tickets giveaway saying something along the lines of " lots of other fans are giving their tickets away after the way the season is going". 

I am genuinely dissapointing as I actually really like Keith and have bee. A massive supporter of him since the devil's picked him up.

4 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Has anyone else randomly been blocked by Kinkaid? 

I made a joke to some guy on twitter who was complaining about being blocked by Keith that it's just his thing, he blocks pucks and Twitter accounts. 

But at the same time I realised I hadn't seen one of his post game tweets like the one above in months, I thought he had just stopped doing them with the bad spell the team has been having. 

So I go to his account and he has blocked me!!! 

I was a bit taken aback as I have never tweeted him or about him, the only thing I can think of was I posted a tweet on Hugh Webber's feed about a month ago for his Devs President tickets giveaway saying something along the lines of " lots of other fans are giving their tickets away after the way the season is going". 

I am genuinely dissapointing as I actually really like Keith and have bee. A massive supporter of him since the devil's picked him up.

Sounds like he should worry about blocking more pucks, and less Twitter accounts lol

• Haha 1