Timo re-signs, 8 years @ 8.8 mil per

DevilMinder

17 minutes ago, Puckbuster said:

Great!  They are all set for the next few years.

Yeah, will get interesting as Dawson, Luke, and Nemec all need new deals, but the Devils are in great shape for the next couple of years.  Cory and Kuokkanen’s combined dead hit of $2.325 million coming off the books during the 2024 offseason is huge.  

The current situation should put the kebosh on any more Hellebuyck talk.  The money to bring him in is flat-out not there.  The Devils are built to keep goaltending costs down, and I think that is ABSOLUTELY the way to go.  That is not the position to lock guys up to top dollar and for max or near-max term.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 4

Just now, Jimmy Leeds said:

LET'S F*CKING GOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

What a great time to be a Devs fan

Yeah seriously man this season cannot start soon enough.  This team is literally locked up…and loaded.

• Like 2
  • EvilHeart 1

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah seriously man this season cannot start soon enough.  This team is literally locked up…and loaded.

Drop the damn puck HAHA

This is so much like the mid '90's with the excitement that's there all the time

• Like 3
  • EvilHeart 2

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah, will get interesting as Dawson, Luke, and Nemec all need new deals, but the Devils are in great shape for the next couple of years.  Cory and Kuokkanen’s combined dead hit of $2.325 million coming off the books during the 2024 offseason is huge.  

The current situation should put the kebosh on any more Hellebuyck talk.  The money to bring him in is flat-out not there.  The Devils are built to keep goaltending costs down, and I think that is ABSOLUTELY the way to go.  That is not the position to lock guys up to top dollar and for max or near-max term.

Not to continue on about it, but if there was any truth to us being linked to ch I’d imagine vv going back the other way. Freeing up the cash we would need to cover his hit this coming season. So I wouldn’t see us being out on him because we just gave meier his deal. 

31 minutes ago, devlman said:

I hope the fan base responds in kind with season ticket sales. What a fvcking hell of a team we are trotting out next season!

My buddy and I were interested in seasons but I can’t commit to that many games with my work schedule. If anyone is interested to go half’s on a package DM me

2 hours ago, devlman said:

I hope the fan base responds in kind with season ticket sales. What a fvcking hell of a team we are trotting out next season!

We moved to Cherry Hill ~2 years ago now and I'll tell ya, I'm thinking about it.  Not the easiest drive but holy sh!t is this team going to be fun to watch.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

We moved to Cherry Hill ~2 years ago now and I'll tell ya, I'm thinking about it.  Not the easiest drive but holy sh!t is this team going to be fun to watch.

If you have any interest in doing a split let me know. A friend and I are interested in getting lower level defend side high/mids but are look for someone to split the pair with. Here’s the chart 

IMG_3028.png

5 hours ago, devlman said:

Devils ticket reps right now…

image.gif.cfca34edc0a2be21a05b9b3f4cb36510.gif

Edited by Nicomo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, jagknife said:

I am so freaking happy it’s done before the market even opens. Like holy hell I saw at least one of these going into the summer. Didn’t think BOTH would be done before the draft even…

It really speaks to the quality of the organization - the fact the the guys want to be here and they believe in the vision and what's taking place. fvcking instills so much pride back into the organization. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

It really speaks to the quality of the organization - the fact the the guys want to be here and they believe in the vision and what's taking place. fvcking instills so much pride back into the organization. 

Quality of the organization...  but I think we're capitalizing on really good vibes from home-grown super-star talent (Hughes, Nico, Bratt) that's excited for the future here.   The attracts others like Timo Meier buy in as well and work within the system to allow us to build stronger. 

• Like 1