GDT: Colorado @ Devils 2:00 PM-Opening Day at the Rock

MadDog2020

6 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Yep. Him or Butcher for 1st star.

What's really good is that it's going to be very hard to sit Butcher after this game. I don't see Lovejoy getting in.  Moore scored a goal too so wow.  Tough lineup decisions for Hynes. 

Thank god Greene is okay.  

"Yeah, all that right wing depth you got there....it be a shame if something.....happened to it."  fvck.  Looks like Jimmy Hayes is our new #1 RW.  LMAO

Edited by RizzMB30

7 minutes ago, WaffleFries said:

Bratt has been so good today. Just phenomenal play all over the ice from him.

There was a play going the other way and Bratt had his stick on the ice and broke it up a little, that is just one of the little things that make you good.

Wow Wow Wow. I cant remember the last time I saw the Devils desperately trying to score a goal in the last minute while leading like this. If I started watching this game in the last two minutes of play, I'd think we were down 2-0 or something. This season has the potential to be something else.

And Oh yes!!! So happy hockey has started, my season started today.

LGD!!!

• Like 2

Solid win.  There's certainly a lot that needs improvement, but the team is fast and opportunistic.  I kinda wish their first game wasn't against the Avs because the Avs are not very good or structured but they do have a pretty lethal power play that the Devils struggled against.

Weird distribution of shots - Hayes had 7, Hall had 7, Hischier had 6, but Zacha and Johansson each ended up with 0.

Not surprised that Mueller and Santini ended up on the bottom in terms of Corsi but the Devils were ahead nearly the whole game and Greene missed an entire period so that made things quite difficult for that pairing.  They played a lot, though - Moore-Butcher was clearly the 3rd pairing today.

What a fun atmosphere at the game today, I'd love to see that continue this year. The crowd even broke out the wave! Lol they were having a blast and it really showed. Nico looks awesome. I just hope Palmieri is ok, we will definitely need him this year. I'm on my way to the Red Bulls game now, I need another win to make it a perfect day! 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

What a fun game. I can count on one hand how many games were this exciting last year. 

I can't. There were NONE.

This is a brand new team, this is a brand new day.  This is going to be one exciting fvcking year, buckle the fvck up! 

FIRE HYNES! (kidding kids)

• Like 2

My observations:

1. If that's the brand of hockey we're going to be watching this season I'm going to be very happy.

2. How Nico came away from that game without a point is beyond me. Made some great moves. Quick hands.

3. Hall looks a different player to last season.

4. Schneider looks a different player to last season.

5. Bratt looked great. Took his goal brilliantly.

6. The short handed goal was a thing of beauty.

7. How the hell didn't Severson score?

• Like 2

A lot of fun being there today...so much excitement, so much energy...man was that game a blast.  Like Tri alluded to, yeah, they're a work in progress, but it's clear that their days of being unwatchable are over...love the speed and general skill.  

God I hope Palms is OK...that looked really bad...loved how the crowd booed Johnson every time he touched the puck.  fvck that guy.

• Like 4

very entertaining game to be at.

devils offensive play seems to have carried over from preseason at least for game one. there were plenty of 5v5 chances. Bernier likely kept 3 goals out.

Cory was very solid but the Avs shanked about 3 open looks on lost coverages by the devils.

butcher looked real good on the PP and what little 5v5 time he had.

moore was very opportunistic with his rush up that made him open for his goal but even with that, i could very well see him sat for lovejoy next game. he was pretty bad otherwise in just about all facets.

just about every forward had some good play tonight.

nico is amazing and bratt's tenacity was great.

praying that palms is just a bruise but those are the kind of hits that shred knees and cost you 6 months. i hope i'm wrong there.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

A lot of fun being there today...so much excitement, so much energy...man was that game a blast.  Like Tri alluded to, yeah, they're a work in progress, but it's clear that their days of being unwatchable are over...love the speed and general skill.  

God I hope Palms is OK...that looked really bad...loved how the crowd booed Johnson every time he touched the puck.  fvck that guy.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<-----------Dude your profile is one of the funniest/best/most awesome things I have seen in quite sometime.  That's some life you're leading! Keep up the good work!