2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

Daniel

Just now, Devs3cups said:

He basically pointed out most of the things I’ve said in my initial post, but in way more detail. Everything said here is true. 

True, I'm just saying, I think a lot of the realize they're the laughing stock of the NHL, and are pissed about it :) 

Personally, I think it's a toss up between them and Edmonton.  I actually think the Oilers are worse. I mean, I just can't see how a team like them, especially one that enjoyed many years of success and even dominance (granted 30 years ago), has basically been a bottom 5 team for the past two decades.  Sure they've had some flashes here and there, like their Cup run in the mid 2000s, and a decent season last year, but given how many chances they've been given, how long it's been, and how many picks they've had because of their poor seasons, they really should have had so much more success and results to show from it, and the basically have nothing at all.  Zero.  I mean, I liken them to the Bolts to a degree - the Lightning were horrible in the late 90s, perhaps one of the worst teams in the league EVER, with like 4 or 5 50-loss seasons or something ridiculous like that - but they eventually turned it around, in a relatively short time period too, and it culminated in a few strong seasons and a Cup win.  They also had a few pretty poor seasons at the end of the first decade in the 2000s, and they have turned it around for the past 8 years or so and have been a top team in the league for the last few seasons.  They Oilers have had every opportunity to do something similar, and they actually haven't done a damn thing.  I give their fans a ton of credit if they are somehow still going to games, and how they actually haven't killed themselves yet.  We have all had our moments as Devils fans for the past 5 years and we can all agree it was pretty brutal, but they're seriously going on close to 20 years now.  It's a pretty remarkable run of piss poor management and essentially nothing to cheer about.

Throw Ottawa in their as one of the laughingstocks as well.  I still can't believe how much they paid to "upgrade" from Turris to Duchene and pretty soon they'll be dealing away EK.   

Canada undoubtedly has the three worst GMs in the league IMO in Bergevin, Chiarelli and Dorion and you could make a good argument that Benning is 4th worst.   

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the next GM of the Montreal Canadiens will be Martin Brodeur. Don't ask me when, because I thought I heard Bergevin will definitely be back next year.... But I think Marty will be their guy when they inevitably fire Bergevin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the next GM of the Montreal Canadiens will be Martin Brodeur. Don't ask me when, because I thought I heard Bergevin will definitely be back next year.... But I think Marty will be their guy when they inevitably fire Bergevin.

Quite possible since they have the whole french aspect of it.   

Better them than us.  I don't see Marty being a very good GM.  He doesn't seem to have either the maturity or the temperament for the job.     

• Like 1

Quite possible since they have the whole french aspect of it.   
Better them than us.  I don't see Marty being a very good GM.  He doesn't seem to have either the maturity or the temperament for the job.     

I actually agree, I don't think he'll be a very good GM either... But he speaks French and he's a legend, so I think that would go a long way with the fans and the media up there.

4 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Their fans aren't 100% clueless.  A guy on another forum I frequent just came back a week or two ago, and posted this rant yesterday:

I agree with most stuff but not the Subban stuff. He proved over and over and over and over that he was all about himself and not the team. That's not a guy you slap a C on. The apologists will say that they just couldn't handle someone with a big personality. It was more than that. He was sure great for the fans, there's no denying that. But coaches and players we're clashing HARD with him and he'd use the fan as leverage to make things go his way, putting pressure on the organization through the fans.

That's MTL's #1 enemy, the fanbase. They put sooooo much pressure on the players, organization that they make desperate moves to please them. It's the fanbase's fault if they NEED a coach / GM that speaks french, it's the fanbase's fault if some players would never want to play there.

And well Chelios wasn't traded cause of his personality, he was traded cause he slept with the team president's wife lol 

Edited by SterioDesign

2 hours ago, hrasvalg said:

Erik Karlsson girlfriend had a miscarriage. 

Just horrible. Prayers go out to him.

I never liked the idea of a gender reveal or doing any baby stuff before the child is actually out. It's the opposite of what's going on in society nowadays but it just makes it extra heartbreaking when you do all that prep and lose the child

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Jesus you guys really love complaining about sh!t we have no control over. It’s like you actually believe other teams are supposed to help us. 

It would be nice if something that had like a 3% chance of happening didn't happen. Is that too much to ask for? You think it's reasonable or fair to have Columbus and Florida win EVERY fvckING GAME?

Edited by '7'
  • Like 1

It seems the Devils never get help.

They obviously have to go on tear themselves to get in now. 

Enough of this win 3 lose 3.

The Devils have t had a big streak like the teams around them. Now would be a good time to start.

i think 5 in a row is the longest winning this season. Looks like they might need more than that now.

Slowly descending into madness at this point watching the Wild Card teams around us rattle off 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 wins in a row so easily. Sure, it's out of our control, and races to the postseason finish line happen every March/April, but enough is enough, Columbus is about to post their 9th win in a row, how absurd is that? 9-1-0 is not what a Wild Card push looks like, it's just gotten to ridiculous levels how stiff the competition is around us. 

Even the best teams in the league lose a game or two here and there, but Columbus and Florida refuse to die; that doesn't even come close to describing it, it's more like they're playing the best hockey their respective franchises have ever seen, and they decided to do it right now.

Our only hope is the Flyers crashing out, I don't see Florida or Columbus slowing down anytime soon, they can beat ANYBODY and are doing it every night. The way things are going, Thursday's Columbus-Florida game will go to OT, with Panthers winning it, just how things are going for us. Florida basically plays everyone in their division a couple more times, and their division's an absolute dumpster fire. And Columbus basically gets to play all of the Western Conference's bottom feeders to close out the year; fun!

So yeah, we need to win, and win at a rate we haven't seen this team do in a while, or it's another late spring at the golf course for us. 

Edited by DJ Eco

If a team has to get help to get into the playoffs, then it really doesnt deserve to be there. Anaheim was a winnable game but we didnt even show up. If we want to make it to the playoffs, we have to do our part and not rely on other teams. Columbus up 3-1 and are looking solid.