GDT: Washington @ Devils 7:00 PM

MadDog2020

8 minutes ago, devlman said:

Half the building is still available on ticketmaster. Its too bad.

Unfortunate. If I was still in the area I'd 100% be there tonight.

No doubt It'll take some time to draw the fans back, if we keep scoring 6 a game it will certainly help :lol:

This is going to be the real litmus test for the NJD. I'm excited to see what we do. Even though I would like to see us blow them out, I would rather like to see a close 60 min game. How these young players compete with a bonafide top team will be exciting. It's going to speak a lot about where we are

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mu6atu said:

This is going to be the real litmus test for the NJD. I'm excited to see what we do. Even though I would like to see us blow them out, I would rather like to see a close 60 min game. How these young players compete with a bonafide top team will be exciting. It's going to speak a lot about where we are

Not sure why going into Toronto and winning suddenly wasn't worthy of a "litmus test" in some people's eyes.  The game wasn't as lopsided as the score indicated, but the Devils had some very nice moments in that one. 

It's too early to make any declarations about where the Devils are...though they're off to a terrific start and I'm as excited as anyone about what I've seen, if the Devils happen to have a tough night tonight, I'm not going to overreact or make any definitive statements about anything.  There's some youth here, and some new faces working their way in...we should expect some tough nights here and there.

Of course, that being said, I hope they keep this up.  It's been a lot of fun. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mu6atu said:

NJ hasnt had a situation where they're nursing a close lead or trying to tie it. They've basically been blowing out teams. Will be interesting to see how they deal with those situations.

• Like 2

all four lines of ours are fast enough to keep up with these guys and I think we showed wednesday night that we don't need to take pointless shots peppering the opposition with rubber to try to bury something. We scored six goals and the leafs took many more shots then we did (I think they had 50ish SOG). This alone shows how much more skilled we have become. This game will be just as tough as Wednesday and if we don't end up in the W column thats ok, bounce back and take the game tomorrow against the rags. Im tempted to go to this one but I'm going to the garden tomorrow night and both would not be very responsible of me lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

8-3 Devils.

I was hoping KK got the start tomorrow instead of tonight.  Cory has been playing very well and Washington looks to be the more dangerous team right now.

Looks like Hynes heard you:

https://twitter.com/AGrossRecord?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fnjdevs.com%2Fforums%2Findex.php

Cory tonight, KK tomorrow.

3 hours ago, devlman said:

Half the building is still available on ticketmaster. Its too bad.

Unfortunate...especially considering this tweet.  If my wife wasnt 9 months and 1 week preggo i would go...

@AGrossRecord: Taylor Hall: "I think there’s a buzz about our team and our crowd is going to be good so we’re going to have to be ready for (Capitals)."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I think that's the smarter move, to the extent it makes a difference which game we win or lose 5 games into the season. 

LGD! I was going to go to this game but the tickets are more expensive than usual. My friend that was going with me isn't a Devils or Capitals fan anyway, so I can't justify us paying 60-70$ a ticket for the seats in the 200s.

EDIT: Also, holy crap stay out of the box. Giving WAS as many power plays as the other night will seal the game.

Edited by NJDevils1214

38 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I think that's the smarter move, to the extent it makes a difference which game we win or lose 5 games into the season. 

I think an argument could've been made either way:  give KK a shot at one of the tougher opponents tonight (to see how he does), and give Cory an extra day to rest (he hasn't exactly had it easy back there).  But this is fine too.  I wasn't strongly for or against either scenario.