GDT: Red Wings @ Devils 7:00PM

Aznjsn

10 minutes ago, Daniel said:

When Zacha can score a fvcking goal more than once every ten fvcking games, that might make some sense.

Zacha stinks, and he will always stink.  It’s a bummer that we wasted a top ten pick on the guy.  The good news is that we don’t have some half senile guy as the head of scouting anymore. 

Player development is way more complex than looking at a stat sheet. If you watched Zacha tonight, he did everything you want to see out of him tonight other than score. He was getting his shots off, he working well off his teammates, he was moving well with the puck, this was one of Zacha's most encouraging games of the season and I don't get why it can't be just that instead of being flipped into a narrative where he only looked good because everyone else was bad. He was legitimately good tonight and got rewarded with more ice time because of it.

Also, it's very premature to declare that a kid who isn't even old enough to buy a beer yet as someone that's always going to suck. He's 20, can this fan base give him some fvcking patience?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Boston is going to absolutely destroy us.

We'll see. If I were Bruins I wouldn't be so self assured. They'll face a mad team tomorrow... Hope they are not just mad but can f...g find the back of the net too. And I wouldn't mind to see Appleby. Not that one game can buy him a spot, but they will be playing more responsibly in front of him.

Edited by Devs64

3 minutes ago, CommonDreads said:

Player development is way more complex than looking at a stat sheet. If you watched Zacha tonight, he did everything you want to see out of him tonight other than score. He was getting his shots off, he working well off his teammates, he was moving well with the puck, this was one of Zacha's most encouraging games of the season and I don't get why it can't be just that instead of being flipped into a narrative where he only looked good because everyone else was bad. He was legitimately good tonight and got rewarded with more ice time because of it.

Also, it's very premature to declare that a kid who isn't even old enough to buy a beer yet as someone that's always going to suck. He's 20, can this fan base give him some fvcking patience?

I agree he played well, he was moving well and finding open spaces and getting chances. There is reason for encouragement but I am concerned though about the consistent lack of finish. People are going to expect a 6th overall pick from 2 and a half years ago to have better finish than what he has displayed this year.  

3 minutes ago, Mike Brown said:

RECAP

• We could use another pure sniper.

POSSESSION

• ES CF: 43 to 45
  • ES FF: 33 to 38
  • ES SF: 25 to 26
  • ES SCF: 22 to 21
  • ES HDCF: 6 to 7
  • All CF: 64 to 49
  • All FF: 51 to 42
  • All SF: 37 to 30
  • All SCF: 34 to 24
  • All HDCF: 7 to 9

Another? Who are the ones we already have?

Literally the only positive as of late is the fact our PK hasn't allowed a goal

Just now, CommonDreads said:

So its okay to crucify Severson and his minus-100 but Zacha scoring 3 goals all season is where we draw the line?

Yeah, he's getting shots off, but he's taking too long to do it. And even when he does get shots off its usually followed up with "fired wide by Zacha"

He isn't consistent, either. He has a great game where yeah maybe he doesn't score but still played well, then he'll have a lazy game or 4 in a row. This is one of, if not the first game all season I'm on the fvck Zacha train but frankly its because we need people to step up, and the guy who earlier this year was dumbfounded that he wasn't playing has given the team exactly 1 goal to show for it.

When he tries he shows he can be a serviceable middle 6 forward. The problem is getting him to give that type of effort every game, and for someone who has over 100 games under his belt in the NHL, that should not be the case anymore.