Devils acquire PK Subban for Santini, Davies and 2 2nds

Triumph

6 hours ago, Daniel said:

As I said before, it was my complaining that got Shero off his ass.  You’re welcome.

Actually, it was my sitting back and munching popcorn while you made  yourself look foolish.....   4D CHESS, B*TCHES!    spacer.png

So not gonna lie, after the trade, I went to my buddy’s place (the Blues fan) he was more excited to “break” the Q trade to me. But then we threw back a few (okay a lot) of beers.

I’m finally sobering up and boy am I still glad the trade wasn’t a drunken figment of my imagination.

• Haha 2

TSN: Kakko wants to prove to the Devils that they should have taken him.....
Kakko might see a lot of PK Subban, be careful what you wish for, lol
The poor guy has to wear a Rangers jersey now. I'd be pissed too

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Daniel said:

The only thing you worry about with guys like that is if their play really drops off, there can be a negativity that can be just as contagious.   The good thing though as that this isn’t Montreal or Toronto where media coverage can make it worse or be the spark.

Media coverage definitely helps, but I think Shero is far better in managing such situations along with Andy Greene who have a far more calming demeanor. This team has always had a positive vibe about them which I hope will help keep spirits high at all times.

3 hours ago, Derlique said:

Devils need to find a way to move Vatanen out for a top 4 LD. Obviously NJ might need to add a bit, but I don't see the point of Vatanen playing on the third pair, and he shouldnt see PP time with PK, Butcher, and Smith on the team

I really think Subban's presence is going help open up the game a lot. Watching him, I can see other younger dmen like Butcher and Ty Smith stepping up and following his lead in the O-Dept. Personally, I see Butcher as the best option to play LD to Subban, Ty will most likely get Vatanen and Greene-Severson. Also, if we could upgrade Greene somehow, but I dont think Shero will do that as he is the captain and well respected in the locker room.

1 hour ago, msweet said:

You can't win a Cup or even be a contender without a player like Subban. Everyone please remember that.

huh? During his entire career he made the finals once and lost.  Missed the playoffs more than a few times. I don't see the tie in between Subban and a cup. 

Glad to see Ray make the moves! Hopefully PK picks it up from last year and it wasn't the start of a trend.

Can we please get a update from Mike Brown?

Somewhere Lindsey Vonn is getting the stuffing knocked out of her tonight.

The icing on the cake is no more Q.

Edited by titans04
  • Haha 1

so so pumped to have aquired subban he is going to make being a fan not only so much more enjoyable with his on ice production but he is going to be a fan favorite with his personality. he's a hype man, on top of all that its obvious hallsy loves every single bit of this, which is absolutely huge. Ray go out there and get us one more big piece!... now I'm being greedy.. so much to be excited for, I love the summer but damn I cannot wait for October! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, titans04 said:

huh? During his entire career he made the finals once and lost.  Missed the playoffs more than a few times. I don't see the tie in between Subban and a cup. 

Glad to see Ray make the moves! Hopefully PK picks it up from last year and it wasn't the start of a trend.

Can we please get a update from Mike Brown?

Somewhere Lindsey Vonn is getting the stuffing knocked out of her tonight.

The icing on the cake is no more Q.

You took what I said and reversed it. Having a Stubban doesn't make you a contender, but you can't win a Cup or contend for one without a d-man like him. 

• Like 4

Would have been nice to keep Davies and try and send something else but you have to give something of value up. Incredible that he was undrafted and then went in the 7th round. 

But you make this deal every time for Subban. Especially if it helps you keep Hall. 

Exciting times.

Feel like we just need one more quality forward. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Derlique said:

This might be a question for someone like @Triumph, but does this prevent the Devils from bringing in a 2nd line winger like Nyquist for 5 years, 5.5 million? With Hall, Hischier, Bratt, and Butcher coming up, I don't want to get spending happy.

Devils have money coming off pretty soon too...Greene is done after this season, Zajac comes off after next season, Cory is done after 2021-22.  The only player currently signed beyond 2022 is Severson.  They don't have a single albatross contract, and even though PK is obviously expensive per-year, it's only for three more seasons. 

Of course this will change soon (starting with Hall, who I think re-signs), but man did Shero do a hell of a job creating incredible cap flexibility. 

• Like 2

WOWWWWWWWWW I STILL CANT GET OVER IT.

Is it October yet? The home opener is guna be rocking! This is amazing we should all be excited. First Hughes now SUBBAN... this is exactly what we needed. Get ready to see the rock sold out almost every night 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Derlique said:

This might be a question for someone like @Triumph, but does this prevent the Devils from bringing in a 2nd line winger like Nyquist for 5 years, 5.5 million? With Hall, Hischier, Bratt, and Butcher coming up, I don't want to get spending happy.

I would guesstimate we can acquire one more big AAV player and still do everything else we want to do. 

I think Zacha can do what you would want Nyquist to do, which is play on Hughes wing and take faceoffs when necessary.  McLeod should be good enough to be a fourth line center at this point.  

We can’t to the 1, 2 and 3 offer sheet for Meier anymore.  But if San Jose is having serious issues signing him, maybe a trade involving 2 firsts and Wood.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

I would guesstimate we can acquire one more big AAV player and still do everything else we want to do. 

I think Zacha can do what you would want Nyquist to do, which is play on Hughes wing and take faceoffs when necessary.  McLeod should be good enough to be a fourth line center at this point.  

We can’t to the 1, 2 and 3 offer sheet for Meier anymore.  But if San Jose is having serious issues signing him, maybe a trade involving 2 firsts and Wood.  

I'd lose my collective sh!t, in a good way