GDT - Vegas at Devils 1/24/23 - 7:30pm ESPN+/Hulu

Satans Hockey

Not sure if anyone had said it since the board is back up but our Devils now have more points than they did the ENTIRE season last year and we aren't even done with the month of January yet. 

Vegas is coming in on a bit of a downswing so the Devils really need to come out and play a good 1st period and score the first goal. Let's kick them while they are down and get win 31.

LETS GO DEVILS!!! 

• Like 6

L G M F D!

Hoping for a win where it feels like they really deserved to win, as opposed to another “They won, BUT” kind of win.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

Another night with Matt and Chico. Not horrible, but the amount of games on ESPN+ is disappointing. Cable sports packages ain't exactly cheap ... I should get all the games for what I pay. 

It's part of being a good team this year, this game and a few others weren't originally on ESPN+/TNT until they saw how well the team is doing but yeah I agree blackouts should be done away with. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

Another night with Matt and Chico. Not horrible, but the amount of games on ESPN+ is disappointing. Cable sports packages ain't exactly cheap ... I should get all the games for what I pay. 

I got an email this weekend saying my Disney+ renewal price was going up. So then I checked my Hulu pricing, and saw that I'd actually be saving $5/month if I did the Hulu/Disney/ESPN bundle. So tonight will be my first viewing on ESPN+. Still agree, though, that the blackouts are ridiculous.

LGD!

1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

It's part of being a good team this year, this game and a few others weren't originally on ESPN+/TNT until they saw how well the team is doing but yeah I agree blackouts should be done away with. 

All games should be available on ESPN+. Anything on NHL Network should be simulcast on ESPN+.

But this is the NHL we’re talking about so they’ll wait 3 years to do this.

I liked NHL Network but I’m never paying for that high of a cable package to get it ever again.

Oh, and LFGD

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jagknife said:

All games should be available on ESPN+. Anything on NHL Network should be simulcast on ESPN+.

I liked NHL Network but I’m never paying for that high of a cable package to get it ever again.

Oh, and LFGD

NHL Network blacks out REPLAYS of games. Like, a replay of tonight’s Devils game airing tomorrow would be blacked out in NJ on NHL Network. Makes absolutely NO sense.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Oh, and LFGD

MLS and Apple got rid of blackouts so I'm really hoping it is successful and other leagues will take notice and get rid of them too. 

The only time I pay for the nhl network is during the world juniors and the playoffs for overflow games which goes along the world championships anyway and then I cancel it as soon as the tournaments/it being done being used as an overflow channel are over. 

13 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

MLS and Apple got rid of blackouts so I'm really hoping it is successful and other leagues will take notice and get rid of them too. 

The only time I pay for the nhl network is during the world juniors and the playoffs for overflow games which goes along the world championships anyway and then I cancel it as soon as the tournaments/it being done being used as an overflow channel are over. 

Absolutely fair, but I’m not doing it for the one random game a month they are now sniping the MSG from. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jerrydevil said:

ESPN+ subscription and a VPN App, haven't missed a game this year except that one NBC one or whatever. $20 a month total. NO TV needed.

• Like 2