GDT - Devils vs Rags Game 7 --Devils move on!

NJDfan1711

8 minutes ago, mikepeluso8 said:

This is NOT house money, sorry.

You are in a game 7, on HOME ice, after going up 3-2 in the series.

This is a must win game.

If this was a vet team with a couple of postseasons under its belt, yeah, this is probably the standard I'd want to hold them to...you guys have been here before, now find a way!

Do I HOPE that the Devils win?  Of course.

Am I EXPECTING it?  I don't know how anyone can.  The goalie's a 22-year-old kid making his 5th NHL playoff start.  The kids are playing in their first Game 7.  A lot of these guys simply haven't been here before.

Home ice sure meant a lot to the Bruins and Avs in their Game 7s.  And the Avs won a friggin' Cup last season!  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

If this was a vet team with a couple of postseasons under its belt, yeah, this is probably the standard I'd want to hold them to...you guys have been here before, now find a way!

Do I HOPE that the Devils win?  Of course.

Am I EXPECTING it?  I don't know how anyone can.  The goalie's a 22-year-old kid making his 5th NHL playoff start.  The kids are playing in their first Game 7.  A lot of these guys simply haven't been here before.

Home ice sure meant a lot to the Bruins and Avs in their Game 7s.  And the Avs won a friggin' Cup last season!  

which is all fine and dandy and yes, sure.

but considering these factors and others, I am not "just happy to be here".

That is my opinion--I want more.  We were the third best team in the league this season over the course of an 82 game season, we deserve more.  You deserve more.

• Like 1
  • EvilHeart 3

1 minute ago, mikepeluso8 said:

which is all fine and dandy and yes, sure.

but considering these factors and others, I am not "just happy to be here".

That is my opinion--I want more.  We were the third best team in the league this season over the course of an 82 game season, we deserve more.  You deserve more.

We all want more, just don't think this team is in the position for us to start demanding things out of it just yet.

The raw fan in me wants the Devils to stomp the Rangers guts out and if not that, find some way, ANY way, to come away with a series win.  The more realistic fan knows that there's reasons why this team might not be quite ready just yet.

Also the Rags finished all of five points behind the Devils, and obviously made some big "RIGHT fvckING NOW" moves to be a ready-to-rock playoff team.  This ain't the Panthers vs the Bruins here.  These are two teams that finished very close in the standings and are now tied up 3-3 in this series.  This really can go either way.  

• Like 1

For me I want this game more than anything and I wouldn’t care if we got swept next round by the stupid storm chasers or whatever they are, but I won’t be all that upset if we don’t because if where we are at. Good experience has been gotten in this series win or lose. But LETS FVCKING GO! 

Window is opening. 

That was a great season. We are younger and less expirienced. Shestyorkin showed the best hdsv and sv in first round among all teams. Even if we will lose - it`s only beggining. And I like this way of start.

But I hope Ruff will play defensive first hockey again and Devils will figure it out today how to win. Let`s Go, Devils!

• Like 1
  • EvilHeart 2

1 hour ago, Puckbuster said:

I’m not even thinking about tomorrow.  I just want them to win tonight, period.  No matter what happens, I’ll post how a feel about the season and the series tomorrow.

LET’S GO DEVILS!!!!!!Celebration Win GIF by New Jersey DevilsCriss Angel Wow GIF by DefyTV

THIS

So much hedging going on here preparing for the end.

WE HAVE A GAME TONIGHT.

Win the game. Period.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • EvilHeart 2

ESPN said they expect Wood to draw in tonight based on observations at practice. 

Blood pressure.... Rising...

Hopefully ESPN is just wrong 

Just now, DevilMinder said:

Emily kaplan apparently says Wood is back in. WTF ?

Kill me

Just now, Devilsfan118 said:

ESPN said they expect Wood to draw in tonight based on observations at practice. 

Blood pressure.... Rising...

Hopefully ESPN is just wrong 

Kill me

What they need to do is strengthen the PK. There is only one guy that wasn't playing that does that. So, instead they put in the guy that puts them on the PK🤯

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

At this point, fvck it.  I’m going to trust Lindy on this one…until Wood draws a stupid game changing penalty.   

This does feel a lot like giving Blackwood one more shot at the end of the regular season and that almost cost us.   

Edited by Lateralous

1 hour ago, mikepeluso8 said:

THIS

So much hedging going on here preparing for the end.

WE HAVE A GAME TONIGHT.

Win the game. Period.

I heard a lot of hedging from Bruins fans and even from players themselves during interviews.  Things like, no matter what happens we have the record for most wins and points in a season.   Blah… who cares!  It’s about cups.