GDT: Washington @ Devils 7:30 PM TNT/MAX

MadDog2020

I won't be at this one so I'll be watching either later tonight or tomorrow since I'll be down the street and across the bridge at Red Bull Arena for the Red Bulls playoff wild card game vs Charlotte. 

Would be nice to see them score first tonight, they are due! 

LETS GO DEVILS!!! 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 3

L

G

M

F

D!

Watch Ovechkin tonight boys...he's still racking up shots...they're going to start going in for him eventually.  BUT NOT TONIGHT!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, eldon said:

And we're the only game in the league tonight. Spotlight to ourselves. Prepare for lots of Jack butt kissing by the national crew,  deservedly so. 

I'm not there YET because the odds are VERY long, but there's a part of me that wants to start a Jack Hughes 2023-24 vs Kaapo Kakko career (Part Deux), mostly because he already has a 12-point lead on Kakko for this season, and has a game in hand to boot.

Kappo entered this season with 98 points career...so that's obviously an insane amount of points for Jack to make up.  If we assume that Kakko manages another 40 points this year, that would mean he'd have 138 career points by season's end...Jack would need 139+ this season to top him.  So basically at least 125 points over his next 76 games...yeah, it's a hell of lot to ask...too much.  I'd like to see where these two are around January.  

Besides, I just want to enjoy what Jack's doing without putting crazy expectations on him for this season...it's more fun watching Lafreniere and Kappo combine for less than half of what Jack's put up so far...and of course, Ranger fans always looking for any excuses that they can find to try to make it sound like those players could really be much closer to Jack, if not for [insert nonsense here].

If Jack becomes the first Devil to finish with 100+ points, I'll be absolutely thrilled for him.  That would be 86 points over his next 76 games...now THAT seems VERY possible, as long as he stays healthy.   

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Caps look anemic. Devils need to come out hungry, put them away early, and avoid getting blasted by Wilson.

They are off to a brutal start.  Outscored 19-6 through 5 games.  Only win came via the SO.

That being said, even the bad teams win 20-25 games, and yes, some of those will come against teams that (on paper) they shouldn't have much business beating.

Hopefully that won't happen in THIS Game.  Caps hopefully fall behind early and (due to possible fatigue) just decide it ain't happenin' for them tonight.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

.  Caps hopefully fall behind early and (due to possible fatigue) just decide it ain't happenin' for them tonight.  

This is what I'm hoping for.  I know they got a lot of shots last night but it was just feeding Ovechkin in that same damn spot over and over and over while I was watching.  That whole team kind of looks cooked to me.   Just riding out the Ovi run for the goal record.  Of course ESPN and TNT will still probably shove Pens vs Caps games down our throats for the next several years regardless of how bad they both are.     

As for the Devils, hopefully Mercer can get on the scoresheet tonight.  A goal from Meier would be nice too.

LGD! 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

This is what I'm hoping for.  I know they got a lot of shots last night but it was just feeding Ovechkin in that same damn spot over and over and over while I was watching.  That whole team kind of looks cooked to me.   Just riding out the Ovi run for the goal record.  Of course ESPN and TNT will still probably shove Pens vs Caps games down our throats for the next several years regardless of how bad they both are.     

As for the Devils, hopefully Mercer can get on the scoresheet tonight.  A goal from Meier would be nice too.

LGD! 

Yeah...a lot of age on that team and the whole thing really needs to be blown up.

And yeah, that's probably what this season is going to be all about for the Caps...trying to get Ovi closer and closer to toppling Gretzky.  Sounds crazy to say a guy who's scored over 800 goals is a bad investment...but right now (on the ice, anyway), Ovi is every bit that.  But Caps fans have little reason to show up this year, other than to hope to see Ovi hit the back of the net...so from that standpoint, his hit isn't a total killer.  

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, devlman said:

This HAS to be the night we actually score the first goal. Caps are old and demoralized from last night. LGD

I am actually putting money on the under and 1st period being 1-0. Timo Meier first goal for one bet and then I have the first period ending 1-0 Devils with Toffoli with the first goal too. A few other little bits of action going on too.