GDT: 12/23/23 Red Wings @ Devils 7:00 PM EST MSGSN

Rock

I’m going to this game and the next one. Really hope I’m not leaving in anger both nights.

L G M F D!!!

• Like 4

It’s the wife’s birthday and for the second year in a row, I won’t be dragging her to the Rock on it to opt for more fun things she’s enjoy lol

that being said, please don’t lose this one, I have a standing bet with a wings fan that I really don’t want to have to pay up tonight if we choke.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Vanacek is starting. So it’s already 3-0 Detroit before we even drop the puck. 

After last game, I’d actually be on board with Daws getting a start (assuming there’s no physical issues with him).  I think the time for trying to let VV play his way out of this has come and gone…the halfway point to this season is coming up fast and he just hasn’t shown any signs of turning things around.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

After last game, I’d actually be on board with Daws getting a start (assuming there’s no physical issues with him).  I think the time for trying to let VV play his way out of this has come and gone…the halfway point to this season is coming up fast and he just hasn’t shown any signs of turning things around.  

Was going to say the same.  I kinda wish Daws plays tonight.  Granted I don't think the result will change much, but I'd like him to get a chance, if for nothing else than to further expose our porous defense and whatever brand of hockey we claim to be playing lately. 

Here's hoping we come out mentally prepared, actually dump and chase, and don't leave guys wide open in our own zone. 

18 minutes ago, StarDew said:

Nico Daws had hip surgery.  Hip surgery. Goalie. Concerns me a tad.

He played well in two AHL games, for whatever that’s worth.

If not Daws, then I’d probably give this game to Schmid.  Mostly because it feels like VV is in a really bad place right now.  Even if he was pitching a shutout 30-35 mins into the game, I could see the Red Wings breaking the ice, then just like that, 3-4 goals before you can blink.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

I sold this game and if didn't sell I was gonna use a buyback cause the face value for this game is ridiculous. I can't justify the cost of it when the game had a face value over $100. It's Detroit, no giveaways, nothing, it's literally just the game before Xmas Eve and driving usually sucks with everyone out and about driving, especially on a Saturday so I'm perfectly fine with watching this one from home.

It's ridiculous that if I just even use a buyback on this game and the 2 Rangers games that it literally pays for almost half the cost of a full season for 1 of my seats.

Anyway, LETS GO DEVILS!!!

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Bonginator11 said:

So basically we are going to get Vezina’d because we love to make backup goalies look like Hasek

We are going to get Vezina’d because they give up a ton of odd man rushes, they are not physical in front of their own net and they leave players, like Connor McDavid, all alone in the slot to take point blank shots.

22 minutes ago, Puckbuster said:

We are going to get Vezina’d because they give up a ton of odd man rushes, they are not physical in front of their own net and they leave players, like Connor McDavid, all alone in the slot to take point blank shots.

Devils are the 3rd best team in the league at preventing odd man rushes apparently. 

Make of it what you will.

5 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

To be honest I was shocked. Maybe it's because  the ones the do give away are going in the back of the net, making them more noticeable?

That's what I was thinking too, it's worse if we give up a goal like 80% of the time we actually do have an odd man rush against but I don't know what the numbers actually are