Revisiting the new Uniforms

Jerzey

Revisiting the new uniforms   

65 members have voted

1. 1. Has your opinion on the new uniform changed?

• They’ve actually grown on me.
    • I’ve actually grown to dislike them even more.
    • I still like them about the same.
    • I still hate them about the same.

Oh boy, this thread should be good.

I'll start off by saying I hated them as much as anyone when they were first announced.  Thought they were an absolute disaster.

I still am not a huge fan of the single black stripe (or rather, the lack of proper striping at the bottom of the jersey) but I will say, overall, they've grown on me quite a bit.

They do look pretty sleek out there in action.  Looked absolutely awful on display.

Edited by Devilsfan118

I still prefer the previous design, but I've gotten used to them on the ice.  Not a fan of the floatie stripes, but with natural jersey wrinkling, they don't look as bad as on the ice as they do in photo stills and graphic mock-ups.   

They do kind of have a sleek and clean look on ice.  On players they're ok.  They look really bad on some fans...overall I still see them as a downgrade.  The new jerseys are not going anywhere anyway...still don't see myself buying one anytime soon, but I guess I'll never say never.

Still hate them, the even stripes are garbage on the sleeves and socks, I hate the pointless black stripe at the bottom representing a team nobody gives a sh!t about. I hate the red collar too. I really just hate that 3 designs on this uniform are in honor of teams that nobody gives a sh!t about and has nothing to do with with Devils or NJ(the Newark team one is such a ridiculous stretch of a joke) yet we honor the 3 teams who actually won the cups plus the team that actually first moved  here and played in the red and green with a stupid inside collar that nobody can see. fvck off. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Still hate them, the even stripes are garbage on the sleeves and socks, I hate the pointless black stripe at the bottom representing a team nobody gives a sh!t about. I hate the red collar too. I really just hate that 3 designs on this uniform are in honor of teams that nobody gives a sh!t about and has nothing to do with with Devils or NJ(the Newark team one is such a ridiculous stretch of a joke) yet we honor the 3 teams who actually won the cups plus the team that actually first moved  here and played in the red and green with a stupid inside collar that nobody can see. fvck off. 

Well it's not changing anytime soon, so suck it up butter cup.  

12 minutes ago, bobilly45 said:

Well it's not changing anytime soon, so suck it up butter cup.  

I didn't cancel my season tickets or anything stupid but I think these jerseys and the way they marketed them as garbage corporate speak with bullet points was the drizzling sh!ts.

I also disagree, we are only going to see these for maybe another season or two. I think we'll be seeing new variations of the uniform every few years now. We are definitely going to see a 3rd jersey / retro jersey at some point soon too. 

The owners/management will be going after the people who will buy any new jersey no matter how bad it is because they want what the players wear. 

I don't blame them for doing so but I won't be buying anything unless they knock it out of the park. 

• Like 1

I was in the minority, I really liked them when they were announced and like them more now and actually prefer them to the previous version that everyone else likes better. Haven't bought one yet but I'm definitely going to buy both the home and away set one of these days.

I hated them at first, but they’ve grown on me. When I first saw them I swore I wouldn’t buy one but I’m already softening on that. I could see myself buying a Nico or a Bratt in the future. At the end of the day they didn’t change the logo and that was the most important thing. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mxm262 said:

like everything but the lack of waist stripe.  

I didn’t like losing the waist stripes because to me, that’s a classic NHL jersey. But it no longer bothers me. 

But never change the NJ. If they take it out of the circle that’s one thing, but the horns and tail must stay. 

Appreciate the heads up on sizing. I already thought the Edge jerseys ran a little snug compared to the old CCM, but if the Adidas are even smaller I would definitely have to try one on first. I can wear either a 54 or a 56 in an Edge, but maybe I’ll have to go all the way up to a 60 in the new ones.

Also, I agree about going back to home whites. Never really liked that change. It was better when the visiting teams could show their colors on the road. More variety that way. 

Just now, Nicomo said:

Appreciate the heads up on sizing. I already thought the Edge jerseys ran a little snug compared to the old CCM, but if the Adidas are even smaller I would definitely have to try one on first. I can wear either a 54 or a 56 in an Edge, but maybe I’ll have to go all the way up to a 60 in the new ones.

Also, I agree about going back to home whites. Never really liked that change. It was better when the visiting teams could show their colors on the road. More variety that way. 

For the Canadian made authentics (if you can find them, right now only the team/MeiGray has them), I’d suggest everyone go up one size from their Edge size if you are looking for the same kind of fit. I wear a 58+ in the Edge, and my 58+ Adidas is definitely a bit more snug. Not to where I can’t wear it, but if a bigger size was available, I’d have bought it because I like my jerseys loose. 

In the Indonesian version available at retail, I think they are even more snug. I bought a 60 and it clearly fits more like an Edge 56. That one (Butcher) is up on eBay. I could lose a few pounds and wear it, I suppose, and may go that way. I’m working on it. 

• Like 1