You'll never win with Schneider

'7'

2 hours ago, aclc79 said:

The team definitely has no confidence in CS when starts.  How can we play this way?

I'm beginning to believe this myself. This has been crunch time, and CS sh>t the bed. He doesn't have luxury of "playing his way out of your funk."

7 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

He might be playing his way off the TEAM at this rate though I don't know what the fvck you do to get rid of him.  You'd have to trade him for another bad contract or eat 50% of it in a trade.  But you can't have him come back if they collapse out of a playoff spot primarily because of this clown.  That would be like having Glavine come back after Game #162.

Devils' only choice is to bring him back and do everything that they can to fix him.  What else can they do with him?  They can't eat his contract (too much of a cap hit for too long, and they already have dead money), and no one is going to trade for him at the moment for obvious reasons.

What was most concerning about last night is that he looked SO deflated and unsure...on that fourth goal he was beaten before the shot was even taken.  What's so odd is that this whole God-awful streak has come out of nowhere...he was having a solid year before these 11 games, but I look at the balance of these 11 games from hell and I readily admit it, finding silver linings and anything to build on is very difficult.  

On this one, Shero is in a brutal position.  The team still has flaws and we've been over them and it's starting to feel like the Devils will need to make the playoffs in spite of themselves if they're to squeak in, but this franchise has a ton of work to do in trying to get Cory right again.  I don't know how they do it.  

As for Cory himself, a lot of fans are choosing to get personal with him.  I get the frustration...replacement-level puckstopping would be a huge improvement over what he's given his team as of late.  But I'm to the point where I feel horribly for the guy.  Some now want to make it sound like Cory's been this loser since the day he put on a Devils jersey, but during his first three years here, I saw him go on runs where he was an absolute beast.  Where the hell did that Cory GO?!  

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Devils' only choice is to bring him back and do everything that they can to fix him.  What else can they do with him?  They can't eat his contract (too much of a cap hit for too long, and they already have dead money), and no one is going to trade for him at the moment for obvious reasons.

What was most concerning about last night is that he looked SO deflated and unsure...on that fourth goal he was beaten before the shot was even taken.  What's so odd is that this whole God-awful streak has come out of nowhere...he was having a solid year before these 11 games, but I look at the balance of these 11 games from hell and I readily admit it, finding silver linings and anything to build on is very difficult.  

On this one, Shero is in a brutal position.  The team still has flaws and we've been over them and it's starting to feel like the Devils will need to make the playoffs in spite of themselves if they're to squeak in, but this franchise has a ton of work to do in trying to get Cory right again.  I don't know how they do it.  

As for Cory himself, a lot of fans are choosing to get personal with him.  I get the frustration...replacement-level puckstopping would be a huge improvement over what he's given his team as of late.  But I'm to the point where I feel horribly for the guy.  Some now want to make it sound like Cory's been this loser since the day he put on a Devils jersey, but during his first three years here, I saw him go on runs where he was an absolute beast.  Where the hell did that Cory GO?!  

Yeah, there isn't much the team can do other than move Kinkaid and get more of a 1B next year. The good news is that he is only a few months removed from carrying the team, so there's no way he's completely done. His mechanics and confidence just seem like they're off. It's a shame because he was pretty much the sole bright spot for a few of the dark years and he's such a likeable guy. 

Just gotta ride Kinkaid 8 of the 9  games (Schneider should get  one of the two back to backs) and hope he finds his groove back in the offseason. 

I think if Cory could just have ONE solid game giving up two or less where the Devils get him a W, it would be enough to get him going in a positive direction again. I think this streak of three goal games and the 11 straight losses are totally in his head- but if he could just break through and prove to himself that 'Yes, I CAN still play at a high level' and get off the hook with a win, it would do wonders for his confidence. That's why they should've started him against the sh!tty Habs a couple weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I think if Cory could just have ONE solid game giving up two or less where the Devils get him a W, it would be enough to get him going in a positive direction again. I think this streak of three goal games and the 11 straight losses are totally in his head- but if he could just break through and prove to himself that 'Yes, I CAN still play at a high level' and get off the hook with a win, it would do wonders for his confidence. That's why they should've started him against the sh!tty Habs a couple weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, HellOnICE said:

I agree MadDog. But now - I don't see how you could throw Cory in there at all until we clinch a playoff spot - and that's obviously a BIG IF. At this point, I'd rather throw Eddie Lack in there. Or we just need to have KK start everything. 

Yeah, at this point I'm ready to ride KK for the rest of the season and then let Cory have the summer and training camp to get right and we go into next year with a 1A/1B situation until he hopefully separates himself and gets back to being an elite goalie.    

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lateralous said:

Yeah, at this point I'm ready to ride KK for the rest of the season and then let Cory have the summer and training camp to get right and we go into next year with a 1A/1B situation until he hopefully separates himself and gets back to being an elite goalie.    

I really think a meeting between him and Shero like he did woth Hall could do wonders and light a fire under him.

I remember years ago in grammar school we'd hit the playground at recess and play "smear the queer". And there was always that one kid who was scared and lacked confidence and never wanted to touch the ball....

I see Cory with that same look in his eyes every time he's in net now.

Edited by slasher72

13 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Or she's sick, which god forbid, especially with Karlsson and Staal's losses

I think we'd know if that were the case.  The organization would have given Cory time off and an explaination to kind of "calm" the fanbase. Kind of a "See? This is why he's struggling". I don't think they would continue to try and work him.

I don't think this is family related. This looks like a pure confidence issue. One of the reasons Marty was successful so long was because he never had a shortage of belief in himself, to the point of arrogance at times. 

I think Cory had a little rough patch, then got injured, and had to think on those tough games for weeks. He came back to more of the same. I think he'll be fine eventually. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

I think we'd know if that were the case.  The organization would have given Cory time off and an explaination to kind of "calm" the fanbase. Kind of a "See? This is why he's struggling". I don't think they would continue to try and work him.

They never told us anything about Boyle's son's cancer scare until Boyle addressed it himself, but he also didn't take time off.

4 hours ago, Lateralous said:

Back to being elite?   He's never been one, nor ever will be... he's average with both good streaks, and bad streaks.... and now God awful streaks

• Thanks 1

.921, .925, .924, .908, .909. 

Those are the save percentage so far Schneider since he got here. There were warning signs here last year that’s we stuck our head in the sand about them. I’ll Steve Bannon myself a bit here because thins was pointed out towards the end of last year. Sure enough, he didn’t bounce back as it was assumed. 

Its all over for him. Show me a list of goalies that played .920%, dropped off for two seasons, then returned to prominence. At 32. That’s without getting into all the psychological bullsh!t.