Taylor Hall to AZ, 1st Rnd pick, 3rd Rnd Conditonal Pick, Bahl and 2 Prospects.Dvs Retain 50% salary

Derlique

14 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

He has to in order to see past his lips. 

The cool thing for Hall is any time he disagrees with a call, it’s a chance for him to sell some glasses. ‘Hey ref that call sucked! You should buy some Taylor Hall Glasses from Bon Look!’ 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, pumpkin cutter said:

don't want to be a downer, but notice how harris drinks water every time taylor is brought up? idk I'm not a body expert, but seems fishy. 

That’s a nervous tic for sure, but I’d be considerably more anxious if it was Ray doing that, or if Ray had a change in his personality.

I honestly wouldn’t blame Harris for being nervous, especially with how loved Hall is here and how he’s a recent MVP.

Hell, I’m nervous about the situation, but yes it is a nervous tic but I wouldn’t worry too much about that, yet.

Imo, both sides are not rushing this. I think Shero is playing cautious as well.. bone chips aren't a pulled groin.  Halls game needs to be reexamined.. can we see him play a bit , asee how he does shaking off defenders and carrying in...  but most importantly see how it reacts to a few weeks of hard skating ...they will talk soon

Edited by EdgeControl
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jerzey said:

Just my take on the article, but that to me reads like a guy who really doesn't know what he wants to do yet.

Which I guess is better than him wanting out, of course, but it really sounds like he doesn't have an allegiance to the team or this area. 

It really just sounds like he wants to win, no matter where that might be. Hopefully it's here.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Just my take on the article, but that to me reads like a guy who really doesn't know what he wants to do yet.

Which I guess is better than him wanting out, of course, but it really sounds like he doesn't have an allegiance to the team or this area. 

It really just sounds like he wants to win, no matter where that might be. Hopefully it's here.

I hear ya. At first glance it doesn’t look to promising but I think he’s just saying what any and every upcoming UFA would say.

27 minutes ago, Jerzey said:

I hear ya. At first glance it doesn’t look to promising but I think he’s just saying what any and every upcoming UFA would say.

He said “they’re” when referring to the organization, not “we’re”. I would have been more comfortable hearing the latter. 

He also said he can decide based on where he wants to live, whether or not the team is good. Unless you believe he would want to live in New Jersey over any other NHL city, that’s very discouraging. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jerzey said:

Sounds like a guy who's open-minded about his situation, which I get...he has every right to decide where he wants to spend the next big chunk of his NHL career. 

And at least he's being honest.  As a fan, I'd much rather that, than a John Tavares situation. 

As much as I still think there's a very good chance that he's re-signed, I'm starting to get used to the idea of him either being dealt or leaving.  I have a feeling that if that happened, it wouldn't be as disastrous as some would think.  For one, lots more money to go around for players like Nico, Hughes (yeah that's still a ways away and a lot could happen, but it sure seems like his first RFA contract will be a biggie), and some of the other youngins who figure to get nice raises.  For another, the bigger money spent would ideally be going to younger players with as many prime years left in the tank as possible. 

That's not to say I wouldn't be happy if Hall sticks around...I do like him and as long as he's not missing too many games, he should be productive for a good 4-5 years.  I just don't think it will necessarily kill the house that Shero is building before its time. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Sounds like a guy who's open-minded about his situation, which I get...he has every right to decide where he wants to spend the next big chunk of his NHL career. 

And at least he's being honest.  As a fan, I'd much rather that, than a John Tavares situation. 

As much as I still think there's a very good chance that he's re-signed, I'm starting to get used to the idea of him either being dealt or leaving.  I have a feeling that if that happened, it wouldn't be as disastrous as some would think.  For one, lots more money to go around for players like Nico, Hughes (yeah that's still a ways away and a lot could happen, but it sure seems like his first RFA contract will be a biggie), and some of the other youngins who figure to get nice raises.  For another, the bigger money spent would ideally be going to younger players with as many prime years left in the tank as possible. 

That's not to say I wouldn't be happy if Hall sticks around...I do like him and as long as he's not missing too many games, he should be productive for a good 4-5 years.  I just don't think it will necessarily kill the house that Shero is building before its time. 

I still think whatever we get in a trade for Hall will disappoint a lot of people.  The one or less year left on his contract is the part that is really dragging his value down (along with question marks about his knee).

After reading chunks of that article, I think it comes down to how well Shero can sell Hall on the team at this point.  He will have to put his salesman cap on a little to convince Hall that now is the time that the Devils are finally going to be a force in the league and that their window is just starting to open.  If Hall can believe that he has at least a few years to win a cup here, I think he will sign even if it means not quite this year or even next.

Just now, DevsMan84 said:

I still think whatever we get in a trade for Hall will disappoint a lot of people.  The one or less year left on his contract is the part that is really dragging his value down (along with question marks about his knee).

Agreed, some of the suggestions (Hall for Marner with extensions for both, for example) are total wishful thinking. The way some people talk about it, basically anyone other than McDavid is fair value. 

8 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Agreed, some of the suggestions (Hall for Marner with extensions for both, for example) are total wishful thinking. The way some people talk about it, basically anyone other than McDavid is fair value. 

I am thinking a high pick and maybe a decent prospect and that's about it.  I really do not see a big return for him.

After reading chunks of that article, I think it comes down to how well Shero can sell Hall on the team at this point.  He will have to put his salesman cap on a little to convince Hall that now is the time that the Devils are finally going to be a force in the league and that their window is just starting to open.  If Hall can believe that he has at least a few years to win a cup here, I think he will sign even if it means not quite this year or even next.

Yeah, I don't think it's going to be this awesome package of picks and prospects...he'd probably want to test UFA for sure if that ever happened, which wouldn't exactly boost his value. 

Of course we're assuming that Shero automatically wants him back.  I think Shero is definitely interested, but would like to see how Taylor's performing first.  And I think Shero's already made a hell of a pitch through action...when the team was in the playoff hunt, he tried to fortify that group with a couple of deadline deals, though I don't think he really wanted to do that at the time.  He's backed up his words with a flurry of impressive and intelligent offseason moves...there's a nice collection of talent here now, and some other young guys who look like they're going to contribute soon.  If all of that isn't enough to convince Hall in the end, then I don't really what Shero can say to sell him on the Devils...I won't pretend to know what everyone is thinking (which is why I don't really get involved in all of the speculating much anymore), but based on some of Shero's quotes, it sounds like he's not going to begging anyone to be a part of this thing. 

It's one thing to pitch a plan, but Shero's already followed through on his.  The results are there for all to see...Hall included. 

• Like 1

I am thinking a high pick and maybe a decent prospect and that's about it.  I really do not see a big return for him.

Shero doesn't have a second rounder in either of the next two drafts...I could see him trying to get a first-rounder, a second-rounder, and a pretty good prospect (and maybe something else, though minor). 

Originally I thought Hall had a 90% chance to re-sign here.  I think it's more like 70% now, but I still think this is getting done.  Two good young centers here that are practically babies in NHL years...I just think Taylor's going to realize very quickly that he wants to be a part of this thing for the long haul.