GAME 3: Tampa Bay @ New Jersey. 730 PM EST, CNBC, MSG+

Steven M.

Feeling more and more like Grabner won't be back after this season.  A "makes sense" move on paper that didn't quite work out on the ice.  Too bad, I was hoping that one would really pay off. 

I think there's a good chance we just go with 7 D again which would explain both Stafford and the Mueller rotation, not sure though.

I'm conflicted about Cory - my heart wants him to get this start- being so solid these past few years behind such a crappy team, he deserves his playoff chance finally... but my head says it could get ugly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Feeling more and more like Grabner won't be back after this season.  A "makes sense" move on paper that didn't quite work out on the ice.  Too bad, I was hoping that one would really pay off. 

Hopefully we never trade with those guys from across the river again. This was a learning experience. Ha.

4 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah we know he'll sign with someone else and score a lot for what team

Lovejoy needs to sit, not Mueller.  I don't know what Hynes sees in Lovejoy other than his prior experience.  The guy is a total waste out there. 

Happy for Mojo to be back.  We definitely need his skill and playmaking ability.  Hopefully he's ready for it but, at this point, what do we really have to lose.  Not happy with Stafford drawing back in over Bratt, but he's a bigger body and marginally better suited to play on a 4th line than the kid I guess. 

Tonight will be fun, no matter what.  Playoff hockey is back at the Rock and the place better be packed and loud.  Can't wait for 7:30.

Let's Go Devils!!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah it's unfortunate especially considering where he came from, but to be fair to him he's been stuck on a line with Boyle and Gibbons, not exactly a recipe for success. I know early on he was given some shots with other guys and the combination of Wood and Coleman playing well down the stretch forced Hynes' hand, but now it's a chicken and egg situation- it's hard for a player to break out of a slump when he's put in a tough spot.

Can anyone help me with my tickets? I bought them on tickpick but they came though ticketmaster. I claimed them and they are on the Devils Ticket Exchange thing and not on my ticket master app.I can't view them or print them or anything, just see I claimed them. What app am I suppsed to download that isn't the ticketmaster app to get these things?

EDIT: I figured it out. I needed the NHL.com app to get the tickets. What a hassle anymore...need a different app for everything.

Edited by NJDevils1214

18 minutes ago, DevilMinder said:

Ahh boy, hope Schneider has a good run in him. It does come down to the defense playing at a more reliable level granted.

ps anyone else sick of "rise" playoff slogans every team has used that word in multiple sports. Not a fan of it.

Yup. Barely making the playoffs and giving up 5 goals a game isn't exactly a "Now We Rise" moment. If you get to later rounds and you want to start doing that, ok, that's fine. 

We should have used something like "#TryNotToLookTooBad

38 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

To me this is sort of how I felt when we signed Cammalleri.  Granted he was older than Grabner is now, but a similar player with somewhat similar circumstances.  I think the Grabner experiment may have been too short, but he as any other athlete should know, it's a what-have-you-done-for-me-lately type of league, and he didn't exactly Wow anyone when he got here, so can't say that he doesn't necessarily deserve to get the boot (be it from the everyday lineup, or from the team entirely)

42 minutes ago, DevilMinder said:

Ahh boy, hope Schneider has a good run in him. It does come down to the defense playing at a more reliable level granted.

ps anyone else sick of "rise" playoff slogans every team has used that word in multiple sports. Not a fan of it.

Really don't know why the got rid of the VsEverybody #. So much better. 

• Like 1

Sucks the weather had to be sh!t today, just got this email...

Due to inclement weather, the Fan Fest before this evening's Devils game has been cancelled. We apologize for any inconvenience.

We will still hold the Fan Fest before Wednesday's game at 5 p.m. on Championship Plaza. We hope to see you then!

36 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Yup. Barely making the playoffs and giving up 5 goals a game isn't exactly a "Now We Rise" moment. If you get to later rounds and you want to start doing that, ok, that's fine. 

We should have used something like "#TryNotToLookTooBad

How about #Don'tcomeclosetotyingthengiveup3straightgoals

57 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Nor really should he.  Just wasn't happening with NJ.

I am more annoyed at losing the 2nd rounder than Rykov for him.  Whatever, it is what it is.