GDT: 4/29/2023 Game 6 - Devils @ The Bad Guys 8:00 pm FINISH THEM!

Colorado Rockies 1976

4 hours ago, nessus said:

4 wins in a row, after giving the Rags and their fanbase hope that this would be an easy series for them, would be one of my top moments as a Devils fan in the past decade EVER. LGD. 

Fixed 😉

4 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

But it's more what this does to the Rangers...for them, this is an absolute crusher, the kind of disaster that will stick with them for an entire offseason. 

I think the reaction for the Rangers will be a little different if they battle back tomorrow and then lose a close game 7 but IF the Devils can pull this off tomorrow night, I think there will be a seismic overreaction by everyone involved with their franchise that will be on par with the Tim Wilson incident.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lateralous said:

I think the reaction for the Rangers will be a little different if they battle back tomorrow and then lose a close game 7 but IF the Devils can pull this off tomorrow night, I think there will be a seismic overreaction by everyone involved with their franchise that will be on par with the Tim Wilson incident.    

I'm not thinking beyond Game 6 until there's something more to think about.  I need to see the Rangers force a Game 7 first...not saying that they can't, just that I need to see Game 7 become a thing.    

BUT as far as "Ranger Disaster Scenarios" go, on a scale of 1-10:

Losing Game 6:  Lost four straight after winning the first two in very convincing fashion, went winless on their home ice, saw the hated Devils advance to the next round on same home ice, a pair of all-in right-now deals ultimately not helping...that's absolutely an 11.

Winning Game 6/Losing Close Game 7:  At least staved off being eliminated in front of their fans, but STILL lost a first-round series in a year where much more was expected, went out fighting to take it to 7 but still ultimately lost to a hated rival...that's more like a 9, but still pretty brutal.  Either way I can't see anyone in Rangerland trying too hard to look for silver linings no matter how the Devils beat them...especially after having been up 2-0 and appearing to be in complete command.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I'm not thinking beyond Game 6 until there's something more to think about.  I need to see the Rangers force a Game 7 first...not saying that they can't, just that I need to see Game 7 become a thing.    

BUT as far as "Ranger Disaster Scenarios" go, on a scale of 1-10:

Losing Game 6:  Lost four straight after winning the first two in very convincing fashion, went winless on their home ice, saw the hated Devils advance to the next round on same home ice, a pair of all-in right-now deals ultimately not helping...that's absolutely an 11.

Winning Game 6/Losing Close Game 7:  At least staved off being eliminated in front of their fans, but STILL lost a first-round series in a year where much more was expected, went out fighting to take it to 7 but still ultimately lost to a hated rival...that's more like a 9, but still pretty brutal.  Either way I can't see anyone in Rangerland trying too hard to look for silver linings no matter how the Devils beat them...especially after having been up 2-0 and appearing to be in complete command.  

It's telling the Rangers that they have to go through us now if they want to win a cup. That is a brutal statement to make in our division. 

• Like 2

Dear NJ Devils,

100% won’t cut it for tomorrow night.  I wanna see you give at least 103%.  Maybe even more.

And don’t insult me by asking if 102% is okay.  You should know better.

Yes…even Wood.

Passionate tongue kisses,

NJCroMag

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, jagknife said:

Goood morning everyonE!

Lindy, be smart, keep the same lineup, no changes!

Come out of the gate strong and put them on their heels fast!

LFGD

Hopefully palat and haula will be giving the room a run down of what they’re about to most likely be met with. This team is carrying all the momentum right now, if they keep doing what they’ve been doing the past couple games they’re going to be alright. Play devils hockey for 60 minutes! Let’s go boys let’s gooo! 

• EvilHeart 1

6 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

Hopefully palat and haula will be giving the room a run down of what they’re about to most likely be met with. This team is carrying all the momentum right now, if they keep doing what they’ve been doing the past couple games they’re going to be alright. Play devils hockey for 60 minutes! Let’s go boys let’s gooo! 

“The last one is the hardest, let’s beat these retirement home futures tonight in the worlds most famous toilet bowl. Don’t let off the gas!” - Haula, probably

• Like 1